A LinkTree alternative? But why? I’ve heard a lot of talk about LinkTree lately, and I have to say, I’m just not understanding why you’re all loving it so much. I mean, I get it. I understand the concept and it’s inexpensive, we’re on the same page there. But… Why pay for something that you could create yourself? And own yourself, and control yourself. I truly believe there is a LinkTree alternative you should be considering.
Okay, hear me out.
What is LinkTree?
LinkTree is providing you with a landing page with a bunch of links on it. Their users place the link to their landing page on their Instagram profile, so that way they’re making the most of the one profile link that Instagram gives you. You can customize the page and track how many clicks you get. Great! If you’re looking for quick and easy – go for it. But what if LinkTree closed tomorrow?
Plus, if you want to stay truly in-line with your brand and create something where you own it then read on my friend.
Why create a LinkTree alternative?
Besides that little fact that LinkTree could close at any time (so could Instagram, Facebook… you get the idea) it’s an additional cost. But they have a free version! Yes, they do. However, that free version really isn’t free. It requires you to have the “LinkTree branding” so you’re essentially advertising for them. Not only that, but you’re limited to their themes that may or may not align with your branding. And we all know how important branding is.
I know it doesn’t seem like a lot to invest six dollars a month or to go with the free version and advertise for them, but does it help your user experience? And better yet, does it help your bottom line? Are you really getting enough traffic through that landing page to justify spending that money every month? Are you seeing a return on your investment (ROI)?
You get one link on Instagram and you definitely should make the most of it. So here’s my proposal. Consider using your own website (or a subdomain) to create your own Linktree alternative. An alternative that you own, that you can brand, track and have unlimited possibilities with. Crazy right?!?! Okay, it sounds good, but also a little scary. Because tech. I know.
Don’t worry, I’ve got you. Below, we’re going to dig in and go step-by-step to show you exactly how you can create your very own LinkTree alternative. It’s easier than you think! I promise! Ready to get started?
Here’s how to create your own LinkTree Alternative
Tools you’ll need:
- WordPress (Self-Hosted) – you can use other platforms, but for this tutorial, we’re all about WordPress.
- Elementor (Free or Paid) – snag it here.
Watch the tutorial:
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a new page in WordPress. Add a name, click publish.
- Select “Elementor Canvas Layout.” and update.
- Click “edit with Elementor.”
- On the front end, design your page just as you want it. Elementor is drag and drop and mobile-friendly.
- Once you’ve got your landing page just how you want it, click publish.
- To track the links, simply add a bitly link or pretty link (plugin).
- Now, add your page link to your Instagram profile. Done!
Now you can say goodbye to Linktree and hello to security and control over your Instagram marketing.
See! It’s not that scary! You can take control of your own marketing. I highly recommend using the tools you truly need and getting rid of the ones that don’t serve you. Better yet, use tools that can serve multiple purposes.
Want my list of my favorite tools that I use and love? Check it out here.
Yes! You can create your own landing page using your own WordPress site and Elementor.
1. Create a new page in WordPress. Add a name, click publish.
2. Select “Elementor Canvas Layout.” and update.
3. Click “edit with Elementor.”
4. On the front end, design your page just as you want it. Elementor is drag and drop and mobile-friendly.
5. Once you’ve got your landing page just how you want it, click publish.
6. To track the links, simply add a bitly link or pretty link.
7. Now, add your page link to your Instagram profile. Done!