I’ve heard a lot of talk about LinkTree lately, and I have to say, I’m just not understanding why you’re all loving it so much. I mean, I get it. I understand the concept and it’s inexpensive, we’re on the same page there. But…
Why pay for something that you could create yourself? And own yourself, and control yourself.
Okay, hear me out.
LinkTree is providing you with a landing page with a bunch of links on it. Their users place the link to their landing page on their Instagram profile, so that way they’re making the most of the one profile link that Instagram gives you. You can customize the page and track how many clicks you get. Great! If you’re looking for quick and easy – go for it. But what if LinkTree closed tomorrow?
Plus, if you want to stay truly in-line with your brand and create something where you own it then read on my friend.
Here’s how to create your own LinkTree Alternative
Tools you’ll need:
- WordPress (Self-Hosted) – you can use other platforms, but for this tutorial, we’re all about WordPress.
- Elementor (Free or Paid) – snag it here.
Watch the tutorial:
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a new page in WordPress. Add a name, click publish.
- Select “Elementor Canvas Layout.” and update.
- Click “edit with Elementor.”
- On the front end, design your page just as you want it. Elementor is drag and drop and mobile-friendly.
- Once you’ve got your landing page just how you want it, click publish.
- To track the links, simply add a bitly link or pretty link.
- Now, add your page link to your Instagram profile. Done!
Now you can say goodbye to Linktree and hello to security and control over your Instagram marketing.